Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Call or Text!

Tonight I went over to a friend's house to watch the L Word on Showtime (cuz I don't have cable, and it's a good show for lesbians to bond with). I picked up some munchies, and made brownies after a busy day at work. Work...a couple lousy tippers, and one weird man with a weird child who makes me question whether this is a legitimate father/son relationship, or one more sinister. I'm tired. I'm freezing, freakin' cold! I'm bloated. I really don't want to go back into the arctic, but I told her I was coming over, and that I'd bring snacks.

I drove across town. Down Straight street (can you believe that one?) to hang with a gay girl with straight hair and maybe her girl, her bi-sis, maybe an ex-lover of mine, maybe not. Well, I get to the door and there is her son with a sitter playing video games. "She went to the movies" they said to me. "When'd she leave?" I asked. "Just a few minutes ago. Well, I text'd her to let her know I was on my way. But no courtesy text or call from her to cancel, or tell me to save a trip. bullshit

On the day of the inauguration another lesbian friend was supposed to come over to watch it with me. I even texted her a couple hours prior to confirm (cuz she has dissed me in the past), and she supposedly was on her way, just trying to get out of a parking lot. She no-showed.

Is this a lesbian thing? A woman thing? What???? Why can't someone simply say "I'm not gonna make it" or "I'm gonna cancel". I really don't give a shit. Really, I don't. But, it would be nice to have the luxury of making other plans if I wanted to. Paaleeeeeezze! It just drives me more into seclusion, because I feel like I really can't depend on anyone. Like why ask if someone wants to do something? Why accept their invitation, when these things repeatedly happen? It gets old...

...and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment