Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes

I'm gonna watch the documentary Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes on YouTube--all 6 parts can be viewed there.  It was a suggested watch by a friend, and it seems to be in sync with the approach I'm thinking about for my upcoming video These Boots.  It's about how I feel....I love hip hop, but I don't like the ass in the face, good for nothin but bein called a bitch and puttin ur ass up on a guy.  I'm not judging it, I just want to use my time to send a more clever and meaningful message.  I want the hip hop vibe, I want sexy, but I want some humor instilled, and I want it to be more female empowering.  I promote diversity and acceptance with all of my arts...I am VERY gay friendly, therefore I want anything I'm a part of to be supported by the gay community.   I will not sacrifice how I feel about having this One Love attitude that I have to embrace various ages, cultures, and whatever ones gender identity might be.   Enough said?   thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment