Saturday, December 17, 2011

These Boots!

Doin' my research for my upcoming video debut "These Boots" (see previous posts to find out what's up).  It all began with my sis Chasity sayin that I'm Cee-Lo Green's twin.  I watched his Fuck You video and had an idea to do a version of it using my Caddy, me as the male figure--though feminine in appearance--demonstrating how to treat a lady right, and givin the finger/FU to the mens who be F'n up.  u dig?!  So, the beat woulda been the same, but the lyrics shifted, with the exception of Fuck You!  and you too!  haha  This might still happen, because I dreamed of a pool scene for the ending that would bring together some of my Hugh Hefner livin-the-impossible-life fantasies!  For now....

Joyce n I decided to take on a project ourselves, and if others choose to join in they need to be dependable and show up to make it happen, or we go it alone--with the help of Chris our film dude of course!  He is equally on fire to release some creative energy!  When she and I sat down at Ming Ten to put our heads together and discuss what some of our goals are for publishing poetry, taking on more performances for charities and open mics in other cities, we came full circle back to video talk.  I said, "The Caddy video can still happen, but we need to just get started, let's pick a theme and GO!  We can always keep goin, and make new and fun videos, but we gotta get something going--take that step!"  I knew I wanted beats in the video, and I know I want it to be sexy, fun, and thought provoking.  Female empowerment sista!  Write On!  Joyce mentioned liking that song These Boots Are Made For Walking, and I said, "That's it!  It will be about boots!  and we'll wear some of our fly ass boots!"  Chris happened to be at Ming Ten last Sunday nite too with his wife, but he wasn't in our convo.  I filled him in a bit later, and we've arranged to meet with him tomorrow to bring these ideas together and get it movin.  Another woman (Christina) was there (saw her at the sushi counter and I didn't get to say HI to her) n I didn't know it then, but she will likely make an appearance in this video.  I ironically met her at Ming Ten for the first time for her birthday party, she is a body builder and friends with my friend Elise--who is going to do the makeup and make an appearance too!  These two girls and I talked about doing some sort of project together involving their body-building bods, my camera, and possibly some of Christina's fashion designs.  I haven't seen any of Christina's designs yet, but am eager to!  So, pulling these ideas together, I imagine them as my body guards in the video--hot eh?!  Hells yeah!  I've got several scenes playin out in my mind...gotta discuss them with my girl Joyce!  I know Chris will be up for Girls, Girls, Girls!  haha!  I even want to throw my belly-dancing neighbor in the mix, if she'll join in.

In this week with my own thoughts...I was thinkin I don't want to simply copy the song, though some of the lines in it might find their way in, cuz they are 60s hip and fit with the hip hop of today!  Like:  "You keep lyin' when you oughta be truthin'"  LOL  I want it to be a poetic collab between myself n Joyce.  Kwame will have a verse in there if he joins us on this endeavor--and I have this scene pictured as well.  He'll be rockin' his guitar and singin/poetisizin.  Joyce & I will be strictly spoken word.  I've been playing around with GarageBand, but it's been a while since I've used it, so can't figure out how to remove beats in the timeline when I wanna change it up.  grrrr  But, I thought I'd do some sort of mix of beats to show my love of diversity--u know, a little Latin, a little Asian, some reggae/hip hop, mix of who knows what.  Then have Kwame's guitar in the mix.  We'll see how this evolves.

Like any good writer does...I'm doin my research.  I pulled up some videos of the tune These Boots Are Made For Walking on youtube, and totally forgot about Jessica Simpson's rendition of it!  Whoa!  smokin hot!  Ironically...I was planning to wear a pair of Jessica Simpson's boots in our video!  And...I just created a little dance move last nite in front of my mirror, and now that I've watched this, I so know it's goin in the video!  Along with my bodybuildin body guard hotties as my backup dancers!  LOL  Oh...and Willie Nelson is in Jessica's video!  Guess Kwame's gonna be our version of Willie!  can u dig it Kwame?  ;)

So many boots...so little time!  Will we be able to fit in several costume changes in this?  We gotta!

Without further adieu I'll leave you with Jessica and a trip back to 1966 with Nancy Sinatra!


I chose this one of Nancy Sinatra because they actually have a little shimmying goin on.  Some of the videos from TV appearances she doesn't move her hips at all!  Whoa...the day of the TV when they didn't allow that!



Did I already say I LOVE youtube?!!!!!  hahaha  I just had to go and look up Shimmy Shimmy--no...it's not Coco Puffs (like we all thought, including me!)--Ko Ko Bop!  aw this video made me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment