Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry little Christmas

Today was pleasant. I shared some texts n calls with loved ones, n took a walk with my good neighbor Erich & Kevin (my brotha from anotha motha). Went to Kevin's aunt's house n ate some good soul food - greens, ochre, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes, cornbread, n mac n cheese! Mmm! He sang Merry Little Christmas so sweetly upon my request...because I especially wanted to hear and believe the verse "from now on our troubles will be far away"

Then we went to his moms for a nice, long visit. I really love his family, n I'm very grateful I got to spend another holiday with them. There's changes in our families that make me a bit sad, but I return to my wishing thinking that everything happens for a reason, n that all is as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment