Thursday, February 23, 2012

Facebook proposal

ahh that FB...it's fun.  it's great to keep in touch with peeps near and far, to multi-task on, to get in touch with peeps from the past (my childhood babysitter, my former sister-in-law, etc)--it's a great way to reconnect and to connect.

speaking of connecting...i got a recent marriage proposal on there.  it went like this in the chat:
"you should marry me"

haha!

I told him I'd consider it.  This is how I got my last boyfriend--from a FB chat.  What a joke.   It was a joke, he asked me to be his gf, I said yes, and we changed our relationship status.  Girls didn't waste any time posting ignorant stuff on his wall like "you left some clothes at my house" etc.  haha  I didn't give a F.  I didn't engage in the drama.  What a joke.  And what was a joke, turned out to be a joke...if you get my pun.  Ah, I dunno, for those who don't know me, the more you read what I write, the more you'll get my sense of humor when I'm being punny.   Our longest conversation was that initial FB chat.  Later, there was an occasion where he talked for 5 hours, but I can't call this a conversation, because I never really got to talk.  I'd say something like I have a lot from my past that I need someone to share it with too, and I have feelings that need to be heard.  He tried telling me some bs of how he knows...hell no, he don't know.  But he sure wanted me to know all his bs.  mercy.  I'm not hatin', cuz the way I am, I still care about him and everyone else I encounter--just can't be his gf that's all!

Here's a poem that came out of the short adventure:



Swerve


Your talk / fanciful view of a famous future
while you puff, puff your days, weeks, years / lifetime away
your intensity /your anger / your disrespect

Some of your negativity will simmer in the crock-pot of my mind
Your behavior, misogynistic ways, gave me the equivalent of food poisoning

As we osculated
lips meeting / hands grasping
one would feed, the other eat
You took the role of hunter / I, the doe-eyed girl
Of course, it’s natural for a predator to lure with food
It’s natural for a fawn to graze

Though you never anticipated the prey to dodge your bullets
with such exquisite precision—did you?

I can be lured / I need to eat / but,
I can’t be caught / and I won’t cower
When an aggressive voice rants, I might whimper / a few times
It’s a deceptive trait I’ve polished—like chipmunks who play dead
I allow you to prove yourself to be a good human  / not one who wishes me harm
A human who’s been wronged / but trying to make right

I silently observe your actions / your reactions / while
I remain calm

After repeat scenarios, however, where the trap gets set
starts to close with a gnarly bite / when I approach with diminutive grandeur
carrying flowers /delivering rose petal baths
driving Mr. Dickweed
My prowess flourishes / my lion’s mane stands proud

I am a shape shifter

and I don’t fuck around.

I don’t fuck around with humans / messing with my time on this earth
my peace / my energy / because
I need it
to protect what I know to be good and true

I won’t attack / but,
I’ll demonstrate with my assertive strength
there is no room for your aggressive approach
in my lair

I tell you to get out / get movin’
beyond my space
with my mouth / with my eyes
to let you witness my transformation

Cuz you see...just because you were left to raise yourself in the wild
doesn’t give you license to prey upon the innocent

Did you miss out on the lesson
“You catch more bees with honey?”

So, here it is...you may think it all started with a Cherry
but, it ends at Cherry

You spray me with I Love You’s, but like my girl Joyce says....
you are one of those who’s “talking loud, but saying nothing”

and I...
I am one of those who wants a man who drinks water
walks the good walk / and


recognizes a good catch when he sees it

No comments:

Post a Comment