Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lucky Valentine!

I'm on a roll with my Lucky 7 Gardens

Production got slowed a bit yesterday when my shelves in my studio room about came crashing down!  My good ol' neighbor Jerry helped me secure them today.  I'm hesitant to put much on them now though.  :p  So, I need to hit up IKEA soon to get a couple more for the other wall.  Gotta make room for all these plants!  I had boxes (storage/organizer boxes from yah IKEA) on the 2 shelves I have up, tried to move them all to the top shelf with the intent to put my plants on the lower shelf, but um nope.  Now, the storage boxes are just stacked on the floor.  blah

Yeah, I've got good neighbors and I'm soooo #grateful!!!!  My mama would be happy that I have these people in my life who care for me and look out for me.  Whenever I make a run somewhere like Lowes with Jerry, he likes to stop and get me a hamburger.  I love this--he's kinda like a dad to me, in a dysfunctional sort of way, but a good dysfunction!  Yesterday, my neighbor Sue emptied some canned goods out of her cupboards for me.  I'm used to giving the postman bags of food from my cabinets when there is a food drive, but mine are near empty & so is my fridge.  I haven't been this low on food in a long time.  I am #grateful to both of these dear neighbors of mine!  I feel so blessed to live in this community with such good people.  Then tonight, my friend Fernando's mom--Noris--brought me some groceries over from her house.  I like being on the giving end of things, and receiving often makes me feel uncomfortable, but I learned a lesson from someone who reached out to give to me during my breast cancer time of need -- she said that if I like to give, and it makes me feel good to give, then I should allow someone else to do that for me, and to have that feeling too.  What a sweetheart!  That was Kathy--the woman who took me in when I attempted to work after losing my previous job due to my health (more or less).  Life is Good.  I miss my mama.  My brother & sister have broken my heart & the ties are broken, but I've always been one to believe that everything happens for a reason.  Even the dark, blue, tragic mess that some of us have to go through, it leads us someplace, and for me...that place is here right now, and yeah....I'm #grateful.

A few shots of the newbies:








No comments:

Post a Comment