Friday, March 9, 2012

Cemetery Angels

I have a passion for cemeteries.  I don't know if it's because I feel connected to some of the lost souls, or if I feel like a ghost, or if they assure me that I'm alive?  An Internet friend pinned this pic on Pinterest:


I love it!  I love how she is reclined...how the mood is melancholy...how she doesn't appear awfully mournful, but almost simply Resting In Peace.


I have 2 angels in GR that I love to photograph--one in particular is my fav, and I feel some sort of spiritual connection to her.  I have used her image in various artworks.

This might be one of the 1st shots I took of her with b&w film:


Here's a painting I did "Resurrection" with color film photography (the feet are from a statue of Jesus in a different cemetery):


Here's pic I took in October, 2011...she has become more tarnished.  :(  I wish I could clean her/revive her/keep her alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment