Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Photography Style

Here's a few before/after images to show my approach to retouching/colorizing my photography.  I've developed a sort of style where I stray from complete black & white and colorize it a bit.  Or, with color, I gray it down a bit.  I think my art has begun to transcend my self.  I just came to this epiphany while throwing these few sample images together in an attempt to create a price list and give those inquiring an idea of how I work, and how I might make them look.  I've always known that I don't see anything entirely in black or white, or left or right.  I say this during debates, and I voice it in my poetry.  It is now evident that I show it in my photography.  I didn't realize this until now.  But yes, my photography is indeed an extension of self.  It's a visual map of how I see things--quite literally.

When photo retouching, I will:
  • soften/lighten under eye circles
  • whiten teeth
  • remove pimples
  • smooth complexion
  • soften wrinkles
  • remove cellulite
  • remove any stray threads, hairs, or imperfections in the photo
  • make you look the best you can without making you like a plastic surgery victim!










You can view a sample portfolio of my photography here:  PHOTOGRAPHY BY COLETTE


No comments:

Post a Comment