Friday, March 9, 2012

u just can't win

There's an old song by the J. Geils Band called Love Stinks
that has lyrics that ring so true with so many:

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win 


Yeah, Yeah...Love Stinks.


I was having a little barbershop conversation earlier, and I've learned a lot in my years of cutting hair and pouring drinks and livin' this life...u just can't win.  Why is that?  Why is it that it is so difficult to find reciprocated love?  There always seems to be such an imbalance.

He loves him, but he wants a girl...but he doesn't really know how to talk to girls.  And the girl who adores him just happens to be in a man's body.  "You can't help who you love" he says.

And then there's him...him who loves him, but that him is married to a her.  I'm sure he loves her, but.  That brings in the question...Why is it that someone can love someone enough to marry them, to spend days and nights with them, but feels passion for someone else?

I wonder...Are men incapable of combining lust and love?  Do they confuse lust with love?  I read something not long ago about the male brain, how if it feels compassion for say a woman, then its desire nodes don't light up...and if it feels desire, the compassion leaves the brain.  whoa.  how's that for core differences?  Of course the scientific journal worded it with greater precision, I'm just giving u the summary.

Then there's her, who is a him, who loves her, but she loves him who is a her.  Follow me?  This isn't as simple as gender differences.  Male/Female yadda yadda blah blah.  I'm talkin' 'bout love here.  It really doesn't matter how someone identifies themselves.  What matters to me is.......

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO FIND RECIPROCATED LOVE?

I want the kind where you feel both passion AND compassion mutually!

Nature must have some sort of hand in this.  But shit damn!  I want the Romeo to my Juliet AND the Juliet to my Romeo in one package!  You Dig?

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment