Monday, March 12, 2012

London!

The first purchase was made from my asos marketplace collection!  I sent off baby blue gloves that were my mother's today to London!  It makes me happy.  Because I loved my mother's hands, and items that belonged to her are sentimental to me.  But, we can't keep everything.  I'm always happy to donate items to Mel Trotter, but certain things, well, I just felt like another life was intended for them.  So yeah, I'm quite pleased actually (I say with my bestest country Brit accent)...mum's baby blue gloves are off to play in London!

Just now, I saw photos my friend Eddie posted on FB--from where?  London!  #jealous of him and the gloves!  dang!  wish I could go there!  I was there once as wee girl with my parents en route & perhaps returning from France to visit my mum's fam.  I remember being on a bus with my little French dolls that I carried in a cute little bassinet style carrier.  I was covering them up with wee blankets to keep them from getting wet from the rain.  Those Brits sure loved me, I can remember how they smiled watching me...they adored and cooed about how I cared more about little babies getting wet and cold than I cared about myself.  It's a sweet memory.  Awww nostalgia!

The pretty blue gloves off to London!

One of Eddie's pix taken in London--I wanna adopt one of these cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment