Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cono sur Brut

My neighbor Deb who heads the Grand Rapids Grape Nuts group had me over for nibbles and wine. Her hubby is in Amsterdam on business, where he should be experiencing the smokin of a little legal somethin somethin but she says he won't. *tisk *tisk She said he's not that interested in sharing a bottle of wine with her either and wondered how I felt about dry wines. I said I like them, especially if they have a smooth finish- I don't like an after bite. So she cracked open a bottle of Cono Sur Brut sparking wine. She wanted me to read a review before tasting but Suri on her iPhone wasn't cooperating, and I tried taking a pic of the label with the Google app I have on my iPhone, but it only located the Pinot Noir.

The tasting commenced...
Here's my review:

The initial sniff was light and delightful ...Not as perfect as the scent of a moonflower is to my nose, but light and crisp like a cool summer night. How one feels after a shower in 70F+ weather, wrapped fresh in a clean white towel...fresh like a shampoo from the 80s.

Then the initial taste...dry like an Arizona night of 60F+ weather with a heated space on a patio. Cactus type succulent experience, like a puffy leaf Jade plant was squeeze juiced into your mouth. Nice. Smooth. No prickles.

The finish...good. Like a cigarette after good sex ( if u smoke, or ice water if u don't) ... Just relaxing in the dewy afterglow.

I recommend.

Pairing: Gouda cheese n Triscuits


No comments:

Post a Comment