Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Age Nostalgia - Poem


A Poem by Colette
This is like a conversation between 2 sides of the brain from past and present, can be read from top to bottom or as 2 separate poems--1 left aligned, the other indented.

New Age Nostalgia

He wants to take me to a strip bar
He hasn’t even taken me for coffee

I have been a deliberate coquette since I was 4 years old
I sat next to a neighbor boy at the piano, watching him tap
the ebony and ivory keys
I tackled him, to move in for a kiss that was not received

He doesn’t know how to deliver affection
He doesn’t know how to play...with me

I played cars...with boys
Climbed trees...buildings
I have been a boy girl since I was 5 years old

He wants me to send him raunchy photos
He wants to believe his dick will bring me closer to God

I went to mass with my mother
Loved her more than any Lord that could possibly exist
Believed in her love, questioned everything else since I was 6...
When my Me’Me’ died

He hasn’t asked what I’ve seen...where I’ve been
He doesn’t know where I’m trying to go

I studied National Geographic magazine
Went to the Kennedy Space Center
I was perhaps an agnostic Catholic when I was 8 years old

He ignores, but doesn’t want to be ignored
He hasn’t been taught how to treat a woman proper

            I’ve been a rebel since I was 13
I made a fast exist at 16
            Control by force wasn’t fitting for me
           
He wants my lips, my hands...my hips
He doesn’t engage my mind, my heart...my soul

            I’ve been lugubrious since I was 3 years old...
            when I saw a ghost of a man standing by my crib

            I am sentient as all animals...
and clairsentient in my enlightened years...
            I feel the suffering of others...and shared energy with a whale

He doesn’t want to know anything about me
He can’t peel back any of my layers....
He can’t even get close enough to touch one.

            I am a zedonk.
            I am black and white...
            and full of grey matter

            I am a unique masterpiece under an azure sky...
            but rarely looked up to, until I die.

He can’t see...ME
because I’m inside this body....
my spirit...free
and his mind...

can only think of what his dick wants to do to...me

No comments:

Post a Comment