Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In the closet

I pulled everything out of the closet in my studio room to reorganize things-- I need my feng shui! I need to be able to get at my art supplies with ease. There were old letters, photos, items that were my mothers, n some things from my childhood.

I emptied out a storage unit last summer with the help of my good neighbor Erich - who in recent years lost all his belongings in a fire. I hadn't wanted to go thru those things since my mother passed away, n other relationships have been severed. He made it much easier for me. What little I kept I put in this closet til now. I didn't look thru everything - because it would be too emotionally draining to do so - but while condensing n placing bins of letters and photos to the rear of the closet, I did come across some memories in the process. Amongst other interesting finds...I found 2 "I'm sorry" letters from my ex-hubby. Wow, I miss him. I've never loved anyone the way I love him. But life takes it turns, n we were separated for youthful reasons, n then my leukemia accelerated, then I was fighting for my life... n then the drudgery of 9 circles of hell from pre-BMT (bone marrow transplant) to BMT, to post-BMT that sucked 6 years of life outta me.  His life went on.  Anyhow... I love him unconditionally and have only ever wanted for his happiness. He has two kids now n I'm happy this separation of our souls has had purpose for him.

Me...I'm grateful for all the friends I've met along my path. N maybe it's just my coping method, but I always want to believe everything happens for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment