Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Restless

I'm at work at a new location that is a charming space, but it's not filled with the beautiful people who I regulary met at the hotel. There are only a few items available for purchase, and though it's quaint, there is nothing available for me to create designs for customers, or for them to pick individually. There's a racist in the mist, and I don't like the uneasy feeling I get from this person. To add to the chill of some of the people surrounding me, the air conditioner blows briskly though it's 30 degrees F outside. Every time the door opens (people who work in the space going in & out, deliveries- who I hold the door open for, and people passing through) the freezing cold air engulfs me, since I'm situated right by the entrance to a shared space. The door rarely closes, allowing a bone chilling draft to seep through. I spend more of my day on door control than interacting with any potential customers.

Disgruntled. Cold. This is my day to complain.

I charged groceries a couple days ago and I am becoming increasingly aggravated by my food, medical, n fitness needs not being met ... Many needs are not being met adequately . I'm caught up in some routine - treading water as the cliche goes- trying to simply get by. I don't wanna live inside of a cliche. I don't want to spend time working to no avail. Life is just passing by and I'm not comfortable with this.

I'm restless. I'm cold. This is my day to complain so that change can come.

No comments:

Post a Comment