Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Postcard Salon 2012

Recently the Muskegon Museum of Art celebrated it's 100th year!  Annually they have a Postcard Salon where a gallery room is filled with approximately 1,000  4x6 artworks of various media.  Postcard Salon 2012 will be held January 26 thru February 9, with the reception happening on February 9th from 5:30-8 and the sale beginning at 7pm.  Lots of yummies & wine for the guests!  This all happens on Meijer Free Thursdays at the museum, so you can enjoy the other exhibits while there too!  The mini arts sell for $30 with 1/2 going to the artist and 1/2 benefiting the museum.  This is a FUN event, so if you are in the surrounding area it's worth the trip!!!

This will be my 4th year participating.  My first two years I submitted embellished nude photography.  Last year, my artworks had elements of my trip to Germany.  This year, I wanted them to practically reach out and grab you from the walls!  So, I used found objects (including buttons & mirrors on each piece), wood background, and went all 3D on them!  You get the 1st look here!  Then make a race to the reception/sale to grab em off the wall--if they don't grab u first!












No comments:

Post a Comment